Pedri: It's natural for people to say I'm exhausted, but I always make sure to get enough of rest after each game.

 

For the past year, Pedri hasn't stopped playing football. The Barcelona star was crucial to Ronald Koeman's team last season, then to Luis Enrique's Spain at Euro 2020, and now to Spain's Olympic final.



La Roja will play Brazil in the Olympic final, and much has been made of how much football the youngster has played in the past year.

"I feel terrific," Pedri said 24 hours after his team's semi-final victory over Japan.

"It's natural for people to assume I'm fatigued, but I strive to get plenty of rest after every game." To give all for the team, you must rest as much as possible."

Brazil, like Spain, entered the tournament as heavy favourites, and the Barcelona midfielder is looking forward to the final.

"From the beginning, I wanted to play Brazil in the final," Pedri remarked. "I enjoy competing against the greatest.

"It'll be a tough game because they play terrific football, are very technical, and enjoy having fun with the ball."
If Spain wins gold this summer, Pedri will be the first Canary Islander to accomplish so, something he didn't realise until recently.

"I had no idea I could become Tenerife's first gold medallist," Pedri stated. "It gives me great pleasure to represent the Canary Islands."

"It'll be difficult, but I believe we can win." It'll be a wonderful thing to have accomplished."

This summer, the youth will have the chance of a lifetime, but he will be torn between winning an Olympic gold medal and winning the Champions League.

When asked which he preferred, Pedri answered, "I'd love to do both." "I understand that the Games are only held once, but I want both."






Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post